High school seniors, families, maternity and children, professional headshots and branding, glamour and boudoir .
Professional Headshots and Branding
Professional headshots have never been as important as they are now. They are your first impression. Whether you are updating your online portfolio or branding your new website, I'm here to make you look your best.
Documenting your pregnancy, celebrating that bond between you and your newborn or child/children. I love photographing mom with her precious newborn and children. Do not worry about how you may feel you look. It is my job to ensure you look amazing!!! You will not regret this opportunity. My portraiture will reveal and show that love that you feel.
High School Seniors
Absolutely one of my favorites!! I love it on so many levels. Specifically working with girls, although I do photograph the boys...usually when mom makes them LOL.
Working with young women just at the cusp of adulthood. This is a very emotionally time for both the senior and their parent's. For the senior, this is something that most have been waiting to do do for years. It is the signal for the next stage in their lives and also the one they are leaving. For the parents this such incredibly emotional. I make mom's and dad's cry...but , in a good way, promise :)
I get teenagers...pretty much, ha ha. They want to look beautiful, but natural, not weird. I work with them for as long as I need to to get my seniors to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Even with all those selfies, it's still intimidating to be in front of a camera. I pick up very quickly what their comfort level is with posing. There is an art to posing. There are guidelines to follow to make everyone look good in pictures, for every body shape and size. I have studied posing extensively,because I think it is the most important aspect of any portrait, along with great lighting.
Great portraits are such a self esteem booster. I don't know one woman that doesn't have at least one thing she doesn't like about herself. The more I do portraits, the more I truly believe that everyone is beautiful. And most of the time it's something you don't like about yourself that I find is the cutest thing. I want to make you see yourself in a whole new light...see the beauty in your unique self. A good portrait photographer can do that.
So whether you are a new mommy, a mommy to be or a high school senior girl, I would love to give you more then just pictures. I want to give you something to treasure and remember. I want to make you feel as beautiful as you truly are.
Classic portraiture in studio to fun, candid outdoor natural portraits playing with your children.
I have a fully equipped studio based in Chesterfield, VA perfect for intimate maternity, boudoir, glamour , headshots, and modeling portfolio. However, I love outdoor, natural light photography enhanced with off camera lighting to add that sparkle ( that's my secret ingredient) . I travel all over Va , MD, DC, NC, WV and FL. to mention a few. Basically...I'll travel to you!!
Custom photography is about getting exactly what you want and how you want it. It is about working with you directly throughout the process. Consulting with you to plan the perfect location, style, wardrobe, products. It's about ART, someone to help you with displaying your images, flexibility in scheduling, patience with your children.
I offer only the finest products to display your portraits. I feel very strongly about helping you choose a beautiful wall portrait for your home. I want you to have something tangible. We are the most photographed generation ever but, will have nothing tangible. And , I worry about how you will view digital images in the future, CD drives are already obsolete . Digital is lost...prints and albums are forever.
That is why all of my prints and products are printed at professional labs that offer archival quality. Consumer labs do not. However, if you do choose digital images I am committed to helping you get those images off the computer. I have resources and examples of how you can use your images. I'm here to help.
Because digital is still very important to clients. They love to share with family...all prints do include the digital negative for sharing.
Destination and local weddings. Start at 2800.00
(full day, 2 professional photographers)
Click here to sign up for my newsletter. Please add newsletter to comment box.
Please click here to see what set's us apart.
I provide a full range of photographic services. Specializing in children, newborn, maternity and high school senior photography. I take a limited number of Family and extended family session's twice a year: spring and fall.
I offer a full line of professional grade albums, canvas portraits, print packages, custom birth announcement, Christmas card and purses. I am based in Colonial Heights, VA however, I do travel all over Virginia to provide portrait services. Many extended family session's are performed at my clients' homes, as well as newborn and senior sessions. I use the latest digital technology, with professional grade cameras, lenses and studio lights. I am becoming a rare breed as I still offer and recommend physical prints. My prints are professionally printed and mounted and sprayed for durability, they are beautiful and you will be proud to hang them as art in your home. You always receive a digital copy with all print orders. I feel very strongly about displaying your precious loved ones in your home for them and everyone to see. Children especially love to see their images proudly displayed in the home. And what better way to brighten your day after a long day at work then to see them on your wall.
My family session's are based on your lifestyle and will reflect your personality and style. I love to capture you as you are. Playing on the bed, pillow fight, leaf throwing, just horsing around. I will also incorporate beautiful head shots of your children to compliment the lifestyle. Capturing their unique expression's.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Initial contact with me. Please call me or send an email and the best time to contact you and I will do that right away. click here to contact me. I want to know what kind of portrait you would like and a little bit about what you expect and need. Are you unsure? Most people just know they need a "picture". Maybe it is for a high school senior, or birth of your baby. Maybe, you need an updated "family picture" . You probably have not thought about what you want your portrait session to "say" about your family or individual. That's OK. That is what I am here to help with. I have a little questionnaire that will help me get to know you, what your style is and see if we are a good fit. At that point, I would love to set up a complimentary consultation so you can see my products in person and see if I will be the right photographer for you. Contact me here.
2. Consultation: You will able to see and feel samples of my products, books, albums, canvas wraps, collages, mini albums, 8x10's, etc. All of my products are printed and produced by professional labs. All printed portraits are mounted and coated, and you need to see them in person. They are impressive and you have never seen anything like them. You will get to know me a little better and see if you like my style and personality. What I offer with my business is a very personalized experience, like none you have ever experienced. I find that most families and individuals are nervous about being photographed. I want to take that away, or at least minimize it. We will discuss your style, colors in your home decor, etc. That all helps with coordinating wardrobe and setting for your session. Together, we are going to create art work for your home.
3. Set up the time, location and date for your session. Sometimes the time and date are decided upon based on the type of session you want. Newborn and children session are often dictated based on their best time of day. After naps, eating, etc. I will work with you on this. Happy children...better pictures. I will just put this out there, as a mother, I know the best layed plans sometimes just don't work. Children sometimes have an "off day". I understand that. One of the benefits of a small studio and custom photography is my flexibilty. If you are running late, or if your little one is just not having a good day, we can reschedule. I get it. Which also brings me to a point, don't stress over whether your children are going to cooperate. I think about 100% of my parents worry about how their children will behave. I have tons of experience, there is nothing I can't work with. I am confident in that. I have tricks!! I love kids, they make me giggle. So don't worry so much!! I am extremely patient and layed back.
4. Your session. For families with small children, I will work quickly to get the family picture first while I have their attention. This can vary though, sometime children need a little time to explore their surroundings and get comfortable, I am just good at reading this. I will also work in individual images as well. It often flows together. We will take as long as needed. No set time limit with families and children. I like a lot of variety, and choose areas to offer a lot of variety.
5. After your session. I will cull down your images to about 50-80 images for you to view. I take a lot of images at family session's because children move fast and their little expressions change so quickly. Shooting several frames of one pose allows me to catch all the little diffent expressions. But, I will go through a narrow the choices down to the best one. As a professional, it is my job to pick the best to show and not overwhelm you. I will edit these images and prepare them for you to view. Digital , raw images have to be processed. In their raw form, digital is flat and soft. Most of the time the style will dictate how I process your images. I like bold, rich color, but sometime a softer, hazy look is appropriate. This is something I will discuss with you.
6. In person viewing and ordering session. Ordering sessions can take place at my studio or your home. Viewing at your home is very convenient with small children and also helpful to me to assist you with appropriate choices. It would be irresponsible to me to sell you a large wall display if you didn't have the room for it in your home, or a size that was inappropriate. As a professional it is my job to assist you with appropriate choices. About 1 week after your session we will meet in person with all the decision makers and view your images. I have special software to help you visualize what your portraits will look like on your wall and the appropriate sizes. I do not do online ordering. It is a diservice to you and overwhelming. If the session is an extended family session with out of town family members I will post to an online gallery.
7. Delivery. It takes approximately 2 weeks for me to finish editing, preparing and order your portaits. Albums and canvas products are 4 weeks to design and receive. I will personally deliver your products to your home.
8. Continued support and follow up. As a client of mine you will be receiving exclusive offers that I do not share with the public. I want to keep you as a client. Some benefits include, reduced session fee's on future session's, limited edition mini session's. Special Christmas portraits, only available to current and past clients.
You can find your personal portraits in a password protected gallery under "online ordering."